Location, property, mapping and data solutions specialist
Location IQ is an economic advisory firm, specializing in location, property, mapping and data solutions. Location IQ’s research identifies the key areas of demand for different types of goods or services, and in doing so, points to the most strategically and financially beneficial location for any business. Our clients range from major national retailers such as Woolworths, property developers such as Lendlease, Stockland and The GPT Group and private developers, medical and university student accommodation service providers.
Our approach addresses the targeted needs of clients with the team providing a fresh, innovative, responsive and independent view that is supported by over 50 years combined experience. The Location IQ team is highly motivated to exceed client expectations across all facets of the projects we undertake.
Location IQ has extensive experience in assessing the potential and performance of retail property across all state and territories of Australia and New Zealand. This experience has been gained from working closely with a loyal client base and extends from localized advice relating to a single store or a network of stores to detailed market assessment reports for retailers and shopping centers of any size and scale. We undertake work for retailers, large format retailers and developers/owners.
Our key services in the field of retail property are:
- Market and center assessments
- Sales potential studies
- Town Centre Assessments
- Rental forecasting
- Site analyses
- Floorspace demand studies
- Store network optimization studies
- Trade/catchment area definition
- Demographic forecasting including population profiling and review
- Cinema projections
- Sales documents
- Due diligence assessments
- Leasing brochures
Mapping & Data (GIS capabilities)
Location IQ has a dedicated GIS team offering a range of location and data analysis services to assist clients to unlock their valuable information in a simple, actionable format. Our core offerings include:
- Map production
- Geocoding data (converting Excel address based data into points that can be used in a GIS or Google Earth solution)
- Bespoke web mapping solutions
- Drivetime and radial catchment creation and analysis
- Hotspot (thematic) mapping
- Provision of industry leading datasets including:
- Major retailers: supermarkets, department stores, discount department stores
- Shopping Centers (regional, sub-regional, neighborhood, outlet, homemaker/bulky)
- Hardware outlets
- Liquor stores
- Large Format/Bulky Goods retailers
- Retirement villages
- Data capture (including digitizing data in paper or PDF format)
- Shopping Centre Directory mapping
- GIS Training
- Bespoke GIS tools to automate and reduce the time taken to carry out repetitive tasks
Gavin founded Location IQ in January 2009, having provided independent advice in the fields of market analysis and strategic research since 1993.
Greg commenced work in the field of economic and consumer research in December 2004. After joining Location IQ as an Associate Director in 2009, Greg was promoted to Director in July 2011.